Thursday, March 5, 2009

Put the Popcorn Down

It's been awhile since I wrote on my blog, but leave it to the NFL to give me motivation. 

The Dallas Cowboys are releasing Terrell Owens, and I say good. I have been a T.O. apologist for the last 2 years. I believed that his antics were worth the headache since he could produce so well on the field. 

Now, the antics are a distraction and Terrell is old. In the past, T.O. could take a swing pass to the sidelines, make the first guy miss, and get 10 to 20 yards. That is not the case anymore. He can still give you the big play, on occasion, but they are not nearly as common. 

The Cowboys are sending him out the door along with his troublesome ways. I am sure some team will pick Owens up, but he's not the same player. He is older, slower, and weaker. That's a bad combination if you are a receiver in the NFL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment