Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick Points About A-Rod, Tony, and NASCAR


Why is anyone surprised that Alex Rodriquez tested positive for performance enhancing drugs? Really folks. Let's get in the game. A-Rod was one of 104 that tested positive for banned substances back in 2003. He is one of many. No one should be surprised. On average, each team had 3 players that tested positive. This is not a surprise anymore. Players in this era use performance enhancers.

Tony Romo talked to Babe Laufenberg about the Terrell Owens situation. Romo said he expects receivers to complain about not getting enough passes thrown their way, so when T.O. does it, it's no big deal. Really, no big deal. It's a huge deal. T.O. is a locker room breaker. That guy makes enough noise for 20 players combined, and he gets people to follow him. The Cowboys need to get rid of Terrell Owens. He's a malcontent, and he's getting older and easier to cover. 
By the way, if you listen to reports, Tony Romo is part of the problem in Dallas, too. He evidently needs to worry more about his practice habits and less about having fun. 

Finally, I have come to the conclusion that I am a NASCAR fan. This realization kind of snuck up on me this past weekend while I was watching the PRACTICE for the Bud Shootout and the PRACTICE for the Daytona 500. For some reason, I am intrigued by the different drivers personalities, and I like the way the engines go "VRRRRROOOOOMMMM". I still don't know an awful lot about the strategies, and I don't watch races from start to finish. I do, however, enjoy NASCAR. There, I said it. They say admitting you have a problem is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment